I’ve been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by Amy from A Novel Start and Varsh from Words Are Magic Galore. Thank you both so much!
I’ll be answering both of your questions in this post, as well as posing some more of my own for those that I nominate.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and add a link to their blog in you post.
- Answer the questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate ten other bloggers.
- Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nomination.
Questions by Amy:
1. What’s your favourite book and why?
Uhm, well… There are a couple of books that would be my favorites. I don’t have just one favorite. If you’ve read any of my previous posts about this you should know that my all-time favorites include: Kruistocht in Spijkerbroek by Thea Beckman and Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling.
2. Who’s your favourite author?
Again, there’s multiple authors I love. Though the ones that I love the books books of: Thea Beckman and Rick Riordan.
3. When and why did you start book blogging?
A couple of months ago. I’ve been wanted to for years, but was too scared to put my name out there. After discovering the book community however, I knew exactly what I wanted to blog about, though it still took me a couple of years to actually get started.
4. If you could see any book turned into a movie or TV series, which book/series would it be?
Assuming that the book/series will be made perfectly, I’d love to see … uhm … there’s so many. I think I’d go for Angelfall, because I think that would make a good movie. There’s some others that I’d like to see that I don’t think would make a good movie unfortunately.
5. Name one book that makes you really nostalgic and why.
Harry Potter, because well, Harry Potter man!
6. Name three books everyone simply must read.
Why are these questions so hard? Uhm… Harry Potter, 1984, and Cinder.
7. Name three books/series you really wish you could be a part of.
This is going to be so obvious: Harry Potter, De Toekomsttrilogie (Thea Beckman), A Thousand Pieces of Me.
I think Harry Potter is pretty obvious. De Toekomsttrilogie (the future trilogy) takes place 800 years after WW3, where the axis of the world has changed due to the nuclear war; most people were wiped out. On Greenland there’s now a nice climate, women are in charge and they forgo technology in favor of nature. It would be such a peaceful world to live in.
A Thousand Pieces of Me; travelling to all those different universes would be amazing!
8. Name three book BFFs.
I only have two: Aaron Warner (Shatter Me) and Tobias Eaton (Divergent).
9. What do you love the most about reading?
Discovering all these new worlds!
10. What’s your top bookish pet peeve?
Physical bookish pet peeve: terrible covers on awesome books. To illustrate: the hardcover of Shatter Me (which is why I have the series in paperback).
Questions by Varsh
1. Why did you start blogging?
I just answered this up there ^^
2. Summer or winter?
Summer; I hate wearing layers (or clothes, really), and winter is just too cold. Anything under 20 C is too cold to be honest.
3. Favorite Disney character?
I don’t really like Disney… There are several traits I like from different characters, but there’s not one character I actually like. For example: I love Belle for her reading, but then the whole Stockholm thing pisses me off; it shouldn’t be a story even. Or Jasmine for not just wanting to marry anyone, but seriously, how could you not see that Aladdin was Prince Ali?
4. If you had to recommend only one book (other than HP) for the rest of your life, which one would it be and why?
Thea Beckman’s Kruistocht in Spijkerbroek (Crusade in Jeans); historical fiction based on actual events, romance, deception, a deadly road trip, and the search to get home. How is that not amazing?
5. What has been the best part of your day so far?
Uhm… waking up? All I did so far is have breakfast, it’s still pretty early.
6. Do you read multiple books at once, or do you usually read one book at a time?
Multiple. Currently I’m reading: Pride & Prejudice, The Custom of the Country, Er ist Wieder Da, The Raven Boys, The Queen of the Tearling, The Duality Bridge, The Secret Garden.
7. If you could rewrite the ending of any book, which one would it be? Your reasons?
Allegiant by Veronica Roth; I think I don’t need to explain why (otherwise there’d be spoilers). However, I’d like to point out that it’s not (just) because of what happened, but also of how. I thought it was undignified. The event couldn’t been written in a much better way.
8. Are you in the habit of naming your favorite inanimate objects? Like your Laptop, phone, Kindle, etc? If so, what are the names?
They’ve got no names. Do people really do that?
9. Ultimate fictional crush?
See above ^^ There’s two
10. Have you ever regretted reading a book? if so, which one and why?
Nope, no regrets. There’s only one way to finding out whether a book is any good and whether you like it; reading it. Yes, that means that sometimes you’ve wasted some hours on something terrible, but how else are you gonna now what you personally think of it.
Hmm, there’s only a couple of books mentioned in here, but they’re all mentioned multiple times. Though I’m fairly sure most of you already knew about my Harry Potter obsession, and the fact that Thea Beckman is one of my all-time favorite authors.
Here are my questions to the nominees:
1. What is your favorite candle scent?
2. What holiday do you most look forward to celebrating?
3. What show are you currently binge-watching?
4. Which books are you currently reading?
5. What’s your favorite book of the year so far?
6. What is something you should really clean out/purge/get rid off?
7. How do you decide what to blog about?
8. Do (did) you do any sports, which ones?
9. How do you feel about the usage of .gifs?
10. Tell us one random fact about yourself.
I think I’ve now come to the point where I’m supposed to nominate people. Let’s see…
Annemieke from A Dance with Books
Melanie from Dat Little Blog
Natalia from Natified
Cath from To All the Books I’ve Read Before
Kimsiang from Lazy Caramel Reads
Alina from Radiant Reads
Pearl from Bibliopearl
Megan from Reading Away the Days
Celine from Irresponsible Cactus
Deborah from Debbishdotcom